Guru Discord Rants

@DannyDesert how is the data being hosted? Who pays for that?

What data? @himalayanguru

Movie data dude. Gigabytes of storage. That gotta cost something right? Also what are some monetization strategies for budding entrepreneurs in this ecosystem? or is monetization evil? I think the economic balancing between stakeholders still needs some work. Imagine if bitcoin miners didn’t get fees or bitcoins? The whole system would stop. Basic economics. It’s great that content creators can use this platform literally for free but strategies for monetization is till needed between essential players. Namely, breaker will need to continue to grow and continue developing platforms and hire more talented software engineers. That costs money. VCs will not find something that doesn’t return them value for their money. You see what I am saying. I don’t want content creators to pay a dime if they don’t have to, but we gotta figure out a way to keep roof over our heads over a long period of time. This might become a foundation but nevertheless.

You can’t just come in and ask about data…there is a lot of different data. If you said,“where are the torrents stored” that would make more sense(edited).

I think the economic balancing betweeen stakeholders still needs some work.

You need to describe what you mean by stakeholders? People who are hosting the files? You aren’t talking about the stakers in the content mining mechanism right? You need to be more specific

VCs will not find something that doesn’t return them value for their money.

a16z bought up 6% of MKR because they wanted a seat at the governance table. MKR doesn’t really return value. We modeled our stuff off that. https://medium.com/makerdao/a16z-crypto-purchases-6-of-mkr-backing-stablecoin-vanguard-makerdao-ff410a692393

This was a really good article I read today about the different business models that are being explored in WEB3. Our governance model is right there.

Of course no one knows yet what is gonna win out. I would like to see people who host the content get rewarded but we don’t have a perfect algorithm for that yet. Also there are a bunch of different business models that I see in the coming ecosystem that entrepreneurs could come in and build around.

Namely, breaker will need to continue to grow and continue developing platforms and hire more talented software engineers.

Meh…actually I would like to see the DAO give out grants from the treasury and allow the community to reward the entrepreneurs that come build out everything around it. This is very common in the Crypto space, just look at what Aragon has done. I don’t like the idea of it being squarely on a centralized authority to do this.(edited) That’s why getting the base layer tokenomics correct is so important…rewarding being who host torrents is important and is on the roadmap but it’s not paramount at first.