Project Call 20 discussion thread (snglsDAO NAME CHANGE)

You nailed it! dopeDAO

Prometheus DAO looks and sounds not friendly not clearly not understandable and obviously boaring. Instead LBRY is modern fresh actual and more accepted by new generation

well lbry is taken i was just using it as an example

as you all know! I have been quite vocal about such an “unimaginative” branding. Breaker in contrast is nice brand. I propose that SNGLS and the associated branding get replaced with Breaker.

I propose that SNGLS and the associated branding get replaced with Breaker.

Im not for this and it really confuses the legal set up of everything. Breaker needs to be seen and understood as it’s own entity, and the DAO needs to be understood as it’s own entity and initiative. Breaker is the high content portal and we need separate names for people to understand the ecosystem.

SNGLS aren’t going anywhere we just need a new name for the DAO.

So far my favorite name is “David DAOie”

Why David? What’s the association’s?

I just like it, not saying it makes any sense to use it.

I agree that it’s probably not the most inviting and most people won’t know what it means.

I honestly I kind of think something like MediaDAO works the best because it gets to the point of what is going on with our system. It controls a Media Distribution Protocol. When the next influx of users come into WEB3 it will give content people a direct thing to latch onto immediately and we won’t have to explain anything.

What do people think of dentDAO?

dent = decentralized entertainment

Kind of like how Decentralized Finance is DeFi

MediaDAO suits the best for the case. Short informative and good sound.
Dent Dao not good koz of negative word meaning.

…but it does kind of play into Breaker in some way no?

… in some way. Also associated with word dental and some scam crypto project with same name

DENTDAO Reminds me of Dentacoin.

I think mediaDAO is dope because it’s super easy to understand but it also makes you think it’s media like CNN and Fox News. But since that could all be something included long term maybe that isn’t a bad thing.

So far the best option is MediaDAO but I guess my question is - are we comfortable with that? Is it really the best or are we settling?

good point

It’s the long term thinking I’m most concerned with.

MediaDAO is nice, i love how straightforward it is, not really any mistaking it for something else. Maybe there is a way to take this word or idea and personalize it just a little to make it a tad less generic?

Maybe it is too web2.0, but for example VIMEO is an anagram for MOVIE (they might even put this explanation in their materials). Not saying we should jumble letters around, but what else can we do with this as a base?

What do people think about EtherVisionDAO? It’s the name of the open source UI full node we will be releasing, token ticker could be EVD or just EV.

Hey - so consolidating here. Flux was brought up as an option in our internal slack threads and I wanted to provide this discourse:

Vlad:
ArtFlux or just Flux. It’s interesting there’s no crypto project named like that yet… it’s such a catchy name, fits as a token name as well (edited)

Tyler:

flux is a well known screen brightness monitoring service.

we can’t compete on seo for a software product called flux

i don’t want us to run into the same issue w breaker being a mobile app that is already in market and shows podcasts <- just an example where complications around that name will arise. however, i agree it’s an awesome name.

This is now me opening up to the community for feedback.

Everyone should check out the new call video…we have a long talk about the rename.

We might just want to keep it as snglsDAO.

:rotating_light:snglsDAO Project Call 21​:rotating_light:

:white_check_mark: Notes: https://github.com/SingularDTV/snglsdao-pm/blob/master/sngls2.0-project-calls/call_021.md

:white_check_mark: Video: https://x.breaker.io/?type=series&id=a2f603dc22a1be4fa8d4ef9ce455360bf3ab8ce772526e35fef79175fa1dfadf&season=1ce1e2eede2395de6351df4d9e6db8069a198e127a178d3ea684e4eafc2f4a4c&episode=f63dec0573feab73970fddba8ee11c0c3785ab993aa5b53835a47755fc4c2a59